Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You Take the Good, You Take the Bad...

Wel, perhaps I was a bit too hasty to applaud Lane Bryant (see March 25th post). After heading down to the store and picking up my order on the 25th, on the 30th I got another email... reminding me to pick up my order at the store.

You mean to tell me, their CRM system doesn't have a pickup flag that can suppress these emails? I have to wonder now, how many more I will get. This thought doesn't make me want to use their in-store pickup again.

You should always have a suppression system in place for these sort of transactional emails - e.g., don't send an email asking for a product review on an item someone has returned; once someone has submitted said review, don't send them a follow-up reminder to review it; and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment